Dale Brooks Passes Away
Former HEAA President Mr. Dale Brooks passed away on 11/19/2014 at his home in Marble Falls Texas. Mr. Brooks was one of the founding members of HEAA and served as the president for over 10 years. At a time when there was almost no street legal EV’s in the Houston area, Mr. Brooks owned three. Dale’s enthusiasm and friendship will be missed.
Photo by Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle
November 13, 2014 HEAA Meeting
Meeting Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Location: Ikea at 7810 Katy Frwy, Houston, TX 77024
- Graham’s Mustang conversion is 90+% complete and is driving under its own power. He will be driving it to the meeting. Take a quick look at the car before the meeting while there is still some daylight.
- Bill Swann will give a brief show and tell of IKEA’s solar array. A representative of IKEA will give a short presentation on IKEA’s corporate green strategy.
- Graham and Adam attended the American Public Transportation’s Expo (APTA’s EXPO) at George R Brown. They will discuss the highlights of the meeting.
- We will have our annual discussion on the time and location of our meetings.
- Kevin Douglass will talk about our traditional December holiday dinner.
- We will have a discussion about the January Houston Auto Show. HEAA has received an invitation to the show and is being encouraged to bring 4 to 5 electric vehicles to show in the energy pavilion.